Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Scott Pilgrim vs. World Criterion Collection

Every year that I attend art school is punctuated with a Christmas full of hand-made gifts. As much as I'd like to say that I think they're just more personal; the real reason for the hand-made gifts is that I'm broke. It's just that simple. This Christmas I gave all my like minded friends some (faux) Criterion Collection blu-ray box art for one of my (and their) favorite movies: "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World."

(click to enlarge)












Here's the cover image without the Criterion Collection markings:




















Feel free to download and print the image. You have my blessing. Merry Christmas?

6 comments:

Jessica Paoli said...

Uhm, that rules. I'd be happy to have you as my friend. And congrats on the nod from Mr. Wright himself!

Robert said...

Well done. That image encapsulates the film perfectly.

mindfullunatic said...

Edgar Wright tweeted about this, and for good reason. Great artwork!

My Foot Down Ltd. said...

Fantastic, I really like the color pallet you chose.

tuggboat said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I got a bunch of text messages while in the car telling me that Edgar tweeted about this, and I nearly had a heart attack. I feel truly honored.

Francisco said...

Brilliant! (Any chance of working up a Criterion cover for Shaun of the Dead or Don't?